Tiger nuts are not actually nuts, they are tiny root vegetables. These tubers pack an incredible nutritional punch and are nut, gluten free and dairy free making them a great option for those with specific food allergies or intolerances.
Tiger nut and banana smoothie is one of the most nutritious and refreshing drink of all time. It is best served when chilled and has so many health benefits.
- Two medium size banana
- One cup of tiger nut/ tiger nut milk
- 1 tablespoon crushed cashew nut
- ½ lemon
- ½ cup of date
- Pound the tigernut in a mortar to crush the nuts into smaller bits to avoid damaging the blender.
- Wash and blend the tiger nut with water.
- Squeeze out the milk and pass through a fine sieve to remove the shaft
- Peel the banana, squeeze the lemon on the banana to prevent rapid browning of the banana.
- Pieces the date, remove the seed and rinse properly
- Pour the tiger nut milk, banana, and date.
- Pour the milk and banana into a blender and blend until it’s smooth.
- Pour it out from the blender and serve chilled with a sprinkle of cashew nut.
Prepare and chill the milk in advance and keep the banana in the fridge to be cold before blending. This way you can have your smoothie right after blending .
If the smoothie changes color to a bit dark brown or gray there is nothing to worry about, bananas change color when exposed to air.
Cynthia resides in Nigeria and he his an expert on all Nigerian topics. His interests includes but not limited to Technology News and Nigerian Musics. He has interviewed and studied several musician in Nigeria.