Renowned institution, University of Dundee has announced the latest edition of its Steve Weston and Trust International Scholarship for the year 2023, and it is reserved mainly for African students.
The scholarship will provide holistic support – financial, academic, social, and career counseling – to students from Sub-Saharan Africa.
The deadline for application has been slated for the 31st of May 2023.
Type of Students
This is a Postgraduate scholarship.
The scholarship is open to all Sub-Saharan African countries.
The award will offer the successful candidate:
- Payment of academic tuition fees
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student at £1,050 per month.
- An arrival allowance of £750 and thesis/internship report allowance of £580.
Prospective students must;
- Already hold an Honors degree in Law, Economics, Geology, Petroleum, or mining Engineering, Finance at 2nd class upper level or above. Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who clearly explain their motivation for undertaking the relevant LLM, outlining any relevant legal work experience.
- Hold an offer for September 2023 for LLM in International Mineral Law and Policy or LLM in International Oil and Gas Law and Policy.
- Be able to demonstrate compliance with the University of Dundee English entry requirements.
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence.
- Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in energy or natural resource development in the government, private sector, or academia.
- Go on to complete the degree within 12 months. Students from overseas are expected to return to their home country at the end of the period of study.
How to Apply
According to the authorities, applicants who are offered unconditional admission to the full-time LLM in Mineral Law and Policy/LLM in International Oil and Gas Law programmes should provide a 500-word Personal Statement and their updated CV to be sent by email attachment to Alison Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that candidates who do not already hold an unconditional offer for one of the named programmes will not be considered.
Cynthia resides in Nigeria and he his an expert on all Nigerian topics. His interests includes but not limited to Technology News and Nigerian Musics. He has interviewed and studied several musician in Nigeria.